Alright. National vocation week!
1. What word or which words stood out to you? Let’s say them out loud.
2. For me, the words “we belong to each other” really stood out to me. It means there is no us vs them, there is
only us. And if we belong to each other, then we have a responsibility to each other. And that responsibility is to
show each other compassion. This is what Jesus revealed to us as our purpose in life.
3. But we can’t fully show that compassion for one another until we choose a vocation! We need to get set up just
like how you need to get your house set up in order to live and show love to your family. It’s only once we are
where we belong, before we can fully begin emptying ourselves of the gifts, talent, and love we have every single
day, just as Jesus did.
4. There are 4 ways of vocations we can live a life of compassion. There is the single life, married life, religious
life, and priesthood. None of these are better than the other. But all of these are equally important, because it is
where you are choosing to get set up to take the call, where you feel most comfortable to receive the call of
5. None of these choices should be overlooked, especially priesthood and religious life because the truth is, there
is a shortage. And I think we are short because people think they aren’t holy enough. That is a lie because we are all wounded, broken, flawed...every single one of us, sitting here now, except for me of course. So, if priesthood
or religious life appeals to you should not ignore it. Because God needs all 4 vocations, not just 2 of the 4, but all 4.
6. Think of it this way, if you were trying to build a house, you need more that just and architect and an
electrician. You need a plumber and a builder. Similarly, God needs single people, married people, religious people,
and priests in order to build his kingdom here in earth. God needs builders, badly. Just visit the poor. You will hear
God’s voice when the poor say to you, I need you.
7. In my life, I have honestly felt a calling to 3 of these 4 vocations. During high school and a part of college, I
wanted to be a priest. Those feelings were real. I fell in love with the church, which is why I studied theology and
am standing here today. But after college, my desires changed and I considered a single life as a missionary. But
then I met my wife and realized that this was my vocation. This vocation gave me a place to fulfill my purpose,
where I knew I could show the most compassion, not only to my wife and kids, but to the world around me, which
includes my church, my workplace, and other areas of need. But that’s my story. And your story does not have to be the same as anyone else’s story.
8. Remember, vocation happens when you take what you love to the world’s needs. And vocation is an ongoing
process. It doesn’t stop after you choose one of these 4. Once you choose, you have to think about your vocation
within your vocation. (Head hurts in Korean). You have to ask, “now that I’m married, what is my vocation? Or
now that I’m a priest, or a nun or single, what is my vocation? How will I show compassion through this vocation
I have chosen?”
9. Start thinking about your vocation, and be honest with yourself. Because this is the fun and creative part of
being Catholic. You get to choose your own adventure. You get to be creative in the way you express God’s love to
the world. You get to be a part of this larger story of building God’s kingdom here on earth by simply choosing your
10. So listen for the call, and let’s find a way for our compassion to flow outward into the world and heal it of its
brokenness. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.
|98||Lecture by Fr. Foeckler (Jan 19, 2018) -Invitation||HeatherAgnes||2018.03.06||252|
|97||못자리 Christmas Party (Dec 15, 2017) ||HeatherAgnes||2018.02.05||336|
|96||성소후원회 - 2월2일 주님 봉헌 축일||관리자||2018.01.27||210|
|95||Lecture by Fr. Foeckler (Nov 17, 2017) - Parable of Ten Virgins||HeatherAgnes||2018.01.15||236|
|94||못자리- 자녀들의 보다 더 깊은 신앙교육을 위한 모임 - 1월 19일(금)||관리자||2018.01.13||209|
|»||Vocation Awareness Presentation - Speaker:Mark Chang (YG Catechist) on Nov. 5, 2017 ||AgnesYoo||2017.12.01||323|
|92||Four Vocations and Discernment - November 5, 2017||AgnesYoo||2017.12.01||281|
|91||National Vocation Awareness Week - November 5, 2017||AgnesYoo||2017.12.01||229|
|90||Lecture by Fr. Foeckler (Oct 20, 2017) - Parable of Wedding Banquet||HeatherAgnes||2017.11.30||266|
|89||못자리- 자녀들의 보다 더 깊은 신앙교육을 위한 모임 - 11월 17일(금)||관리자||2017.11.11||254|
|88||Lecture by Fr. Foeckler (September 22, 2017) - Jesus always forgave sins||AgnesYoo||2017.10.20||394|
|87||Lecture by Fr. Foeckler (Aug 18, 2017) - 100th year of Fatima||HeatherAgnes||2017.10.20||265|
|86||못자리 여름피정 - 가족문장 만들기 2||유진엄마||2017.10.20||261|
|85||못자리 피정 - 가족문장 만들기||유진엄마||2017.10.20||287|
|84||못자리 가족 문장 - 사진 2||유진엄마||2017.10.20||310|
|83||못자리 가족문장 - 사진||유진엄마||2017.10.20||365|
|82||못자리- 자녀들의 보다 더 깊은 신앙교육을 위한 모임 - 10월 20일(금)||관리자||2017.10.14||276|
|81||MOTJARI Summer Retreat 2017||AgnesYoo||2017.10.10||289|
|80||못자리 피정소감 written by 유 아네스 - The Mass 2||유진엄마||2017.10.09||284|
|79||못자리 피정소감 written by 유 아네스 - The Mass 1||유진엄마||2017.10.09||281|